Wednesday 10 June 2009

A Quick Hello

Hello, my name is Cath and I am the owner of the Etsy Store Knitterscarlet which can be found at http://www.knitterscarlet.etsy.com and also the blog http://www.knitterscarlet.blog.co.uk.

I am 34 years old and have been married for 12 years (seems longer lol). Have been trying for a baby since 1997 (usual story, forgot my contraception when we went on honeymoon so decided to start trying for baby). I have had 10 miscarriages in total and have gone through two cycles of IVF with ICSI. Am now waiting to complete further testing before trying our third and final cycle.

I have been knitting since I can remember and back in 1997 had my own webpage through the UK-Buddies Infertility Support Group and had orders for knitted items from as far away as Hong Kong, Belgium, etc etc.

After a while the orders began to dry up so I decided to purchase a knitting machine to make the lace baby shawls knit up a bit quicker and took on work through various knitting designers. I did this up until a couple of years ago when I decided I was fed up of getting paid peanuts to knit the garments and then them selling them for over £200 so decided to set up my own Etsy store.

I don't just knit, I also make delicate beaded jewellery and have now taken up hand-spinning and have a Kromski Symphony Spinning Wheel.

My dream is to purchase fleeces from farmers, hand wash and hand sort them, then hand-dye them in gorgeous colours and finally spin and knit them up into yummy garments. This is going to be really fun and exciting to do and now just need to find the time to practice my spinning as it is very "designer" at the moment (posh name for thick and thin yarn lol).

I haven't had many sale in my Etsy store and am at present working on an order for a lady in Israel who has purchased a cardigan from me through Etsy and now wants more.

It is really interesting reading about everyone's work and looking through your Etsy stores.

I will be going upto Cockermouth to Woolfest at the end of the month, is anyone else going???

That is about all for now, don't want to bore you too much.

Love

Cath
aka Knitterscarlet

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment